Poop problems?

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Poop problems?

Post by trry »

hello,
A quick briefing, my chow had his neuter done on Friday so he ate very little that day. His last pooped was at Thursday afternoon. So its Sunday night here and he has not pooped for 3 days. I gave him extra attention such as 1 to 2 hours walks in mornings and nights these past few days since he can't go to backyard alone and no dog park this week.

He has been eating since early Saturday and every walk we do swing by his favorite pooping area but nothing. His stomach isn't hard. Should I be worried or it normal my friend suggested can pumpkin to soften the poop and prune juice.

sorry if this doesn't make much sense I am typing on a small device at the moment.

thanks!
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Poop problems?

Post by BeckiHutton »

When lily had her surgery on her leg, she didn't go for a few days. Anaesthetic tends to affect their normal routines. It is nothing to worry about at the moment. As long as he seems happy enough and his stomach doesn't get too hard. Just be careful not to feed him too much
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by trry »

Thank you. Here is a pic of him day of surgery back.

Prune juice/pumpkin alright to feed him, right?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Ask your vet. Sometimes our own remedies are unnecessary. You may find your helping hand results in some very runny poo.
trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by trry »

Yeah, he finally pooped on his own term.
THanks for help!