Help Please...My Chiko's last meal was yesterday

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chiko
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help Please...My Chiko's last meal was yesterday

Post by chiko »

Hi All,

I am new here and I am from the Philippines, I actually just registered and am so eager to read everything posted in this site but I can't do that just yet, right now i am worried and would like to seek for your guidance in knowing what is wrong with my Chiko. Chiko is my 3 month old cream chow. This morning i found that he did not touch his food and was in no mood to eat until i left for work this afternoon. Just now i called in our house to find out how Chiko is and til now he has not yet eaten. I am worried that there is something wrong with him. He was fine last night when i arrived from work, we even played for an hour, but this morning he did not touch his food and would just prefer to sleep or lie around his area. He pooped twice this morning and another around lunch time but he has not eaten anything for today. Help please. Can someone from the group enlighten me of what could be wrong with my Chiko? Could his loss of appetite today be the result of my overfeeding him yesterday? (i gave him 2 cups of his puppy food, with water to soften it, for breakfast and dinner) Help please.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Help Please...My Chiko's last meal was yesterday

Post by Sojourner11 »

Did he ever start eating again? 2 cups for a pup in one day seems like a lot. What are you feeding by the way?
chiko
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chiko »

Yes he has started eating regularly again. You're right 2 cups of food was too much for Chiko. He's taking Beef Pro for puppies. He is now down to eating just 1 cup a day. Thanks for replying to my query Sojourner.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Good to hear. I took a moment to look up your food choice and you might find a higher quality food for your pup. It doesn't get a lot of good reviews, but most were in filipino, which I don't speak or read. But it sounds like it had a lot of corn which you might want to avoid along with most grains.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Sojourner is right about Beef Pro. I am frm philippines and it got a lot of corn but it is the better choice among the low end one. I personally use Selecta Puppy (albeit unknown) which i order in sacks from the Arce Company located in Tayuman Manila. Holistic puppy is better than Selecta and readily available in Manila. Hope you switch brands. Good brand only needs small amounts but the nutrient requirement is met. Purina although labeled as dog food has more corn, yellow color and used by the sabungeros (*Censored Word* fighters). More for *Censored Word* than for dogs. Why I know this is because in several times I ran out of Selecta, I find Beef Pro based on its brownish color that it is the closest so I am forcedto give it to my dogs for a week or two until shipment of selecta arrived.