De *Censored Word* or not

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Martin Nguyen
Rank 0
Rank 0

De *Censored Word* or not

Post by Martin Nguyen »

Hi everyone, I got the chow puppy, he is near 1 year old, the vet say. If I m not plan to breed or show him, I should desex him, is it right or not, and if I desex him , does it affect the growing ?,
Can you give me the advice pl ?
Zhuyos mom

Re: De *Censored Word* or not

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Martin Nguyen wrote:Hi everyone, I got the chow puppy, he is near 1 year old, the vet say. If I m not plan to breed or show him, I should desex him, is it right or not, and if I desex him , does it affect the growing ?,
Can you give me the advice pl ?
First, Martin, I moved your post to its appropriate section. Not sure why you chose to pose your question on the Avatar request section. Hopefully, more members will read your post now and will be able to answer your question.

My answer to your question is YES. Yes you should neuter your boy. At a year old, I don't believe it will affect his growing. My boy, Tigger, was neutered quite young and at 4 is a very hearty, strong and healthy adult chow. Your boy will be grow similiarly provided his food is good and he gets the exercise he requires from you.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I agree. It is best to have him neutered.
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

It is definitely best if you know you do not have intentions of breeding him. Neutering will cut down on his desire to roam around looking for females and can tone down some territorial traits. It will not affect his growth. Definitely get him snipped!