Arthritis & Salmon oil

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Gigi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Arthritis & Salmon oil

Post by Gigi »

Sienna will celebrate her 13th birthday May 6. Last July she was diagnosed with arthritis & hair line fracture in her left front leg. She was prescribed Etodolac 200 mg once daily. I give her one Glucosamine HCI 1500 mg Cohondroitin Sulfate 1200 mg with the Etodolac. Missing Link has been included in her diet for many years.

I am wondering if adding Salmon oil to her diet will help relieve the arthritis discomfort. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Arthritis & Salmon oil

Post by Lisa_D »

I am sorry you baby is suffering from arthritis. I had found some stuff for my English Bulldog that really worked miracles on him. Alot of other bulldog owners found it to work wonders for them as well. It is called Phycox and you can get it at Amazon.
My bulldog went from barely walking from arthritis to finding him one morning staring me in the face on my bed within a week. I have a high bed so that was amazing to see that he was able to jump in the bed that morning. Really this was the only thing that had worked for him. The stuff smells terrible so you might have to wrap it in something for them to eat it. Bear didn't like it and I had to trick him but of course Bluto eats anything. It might be worth a try. I had followed the recommended dosage on the container for the initial dose and then after that you can give less for the maintenance dose. It had also helped Bear with his slipped disc in his back.

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
Gigi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gigi »

Thank you for your suggestion. I ordered the Phycox from Amazon, it arrived this afternoon. Sienna had her first dose after her cottage cheese, she liked it.
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

Great! Keep me posted and let me know how Sienna is doing and if it helped her as much as it did for Bluto.

Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

Just wondering if Sienna is doing better.