Keeta's leg - approximate xray cost?

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Keeta's leg - approximate xray cost?

Post by sdasilva27 »

Does anyone know what the approximate cost for a front leg xray is? He's been limping all day and fell when he tried putting weight on it this afternoon. He hurt it at 4:30 this morning. After I checked it, he did put weight on it to move from where he was sitting to go lay down. He ate his breakfast standing on it and was standing on it when I left the house for work. But then I got a call at 1:30 saying that my sister saw him limping all day long and just fell when he got excited that Joey got home from work when he tried to stand on it. We're giving it a day before taking him to the vet tomorrow because the problem seems like it may be intermittent. But I'm willing to bet he'll need an xray because my running around, never staying still, playing with my blinds all day boy hasn't moved more than 2-3 feet since my sister has been awake. I'm going to try to gently move it when I get home to see if he cries or growls or anything. There's no visible wound but Mckenzie and him did get into a fight. Once the fight was broken up, he sat there, whined a little with the leg limp. I checked it out and couldn't feel or see anything and he ended up walking so I figured he was okay. I'm not sure how his front leg got so hurt. The fight was what woke me up. I jumped up and ran out to them. McKenzie was towering over Keeta and he was laying on his back.
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Keeta's leg - approximate xray cost?

Post by sdasilva27 »

Keeta absolutely will not go in a crate. Since I've been home, I'm keep him confined. He's been sleeping most of the night away though.