Please pray for my chows! Gastroenterisis...

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

mitchan14
Rank 0
Rank 0

Please pray for my chows! Gastroenterisis...

Post by mitchan14 »

Hi guys! Please help pray for my 2 chows, Clowie and Parsifal. Both of them have HGE (hemorrhaegic gastroenterisis) right now. They vomit and poop blood. Pars had it first but we went to the vet Monday and the vet gave him antibiotics and right now he's doing well. His appetite is back and he is drinking and he hasn't pooped blood and seems to be on the road to recovery. He's on prescription diet i/d right now.

Clowie's my problem. She started showing the symptoms yesterday. Today, she still vomits and poops blood but she's on meds right now too. She has to improve by tomorrow (at least stop vomitting) or she may have to be confined... I'm going insane worrying :_|

I don't know exactly what caused the HGE. It could be something they ingested, apparently, but I only feed them dog food. I don't know if the dog food was contaminated or something... Has any of your chows experienced something like this? It's scarrrry...my poor babies... :(
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Please pray for my chows! Gastroenterisis...

Post by Mia »

Oh of course, I will pray for your chow babies.
I have never had this and am not sure what could have caused it.
Does the vet not have any ideas?
Either way, I hope your babies get well soon.
Mia
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

praying for you all, and wishing them a speedy recovery, honey
ddepechee2009
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ddepechee2009 »

i said a pray for your babies,my 7 year old was on prednisone and started getting the shakes and real bad anxiety when i was taking her off the meds,,i cryed and know what your going through,there the hilight of my life and most ppl with chows are the same way i am, its so sad to see them like that
ddepechee2009
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ddepechee2009 »

ill pray for them i know the feeling when my 7 year old started itching bad and the vet put her on prednisone,she started shaking and bad anxiety even when i talk to her, i cryed literally and held her,she knew i am rootting for her, its sad seeing our babies in pain,
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[-o| We are praying for a speedy recovery!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

How is Clowie doind now. Sending payers and healing thoughts to both your chowbabies. [-o| [-o| [-o| And hugs to you. [:D] [:D] I really hope the news is better soon.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Prayers go out to you and your chow babies. Hopefully the meds kickin soon and they have a turn for the better...
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Hope the chow kids are doing better today.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sounds like Parvo.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

How are your doggies? I just checked in because my chow has had a bad colitis and I saw your post. My other dog had a life threatening gastritis this summer. Our groomer recommended bland no fat poached fish and it was a great help to get her to eat again when she was ready. We also feed her the Hills ID cans and dry. But she can't have fat anymore. She is an older dog though, 13. She had an ulcer and we now give her Controloc everyday.

Just to let you know my prayers are with you because it is very scarey and trying. Give them lots of love. Sleep on the floor with them for a few nights. Stay home from work with them if you can for a couple of days. No fats. Bland frozen fish boiled in water. ID. Lots and lots of love and if there is anything going on in your house with the humans, arguments, stress, etc., address it because our dogs are very sensitive to us.
Where's my chow chow?
mitchan14
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mitchan14 »

A belated thank you for all your concern and prayers! I was only able to read your replies now, after almost 2 years. I forgot that I even posted this, but I know your prayers really helped because Clowie and Parsifal are still alive, healthy, and happy! Thank youuuu!
donnae601
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by donnae601 »

I just joined today, and read your post. So happy to hear they made out okay. Did u find out what it was?