sensitive stomach/loose stool

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Theodoresmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

sensitive stomach/loose stool

Post by Theodoresmom »

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a dry food for my 2yr old. Very healthy but has had loose stool for about a year and a half now. Vet has done a few tests and all were neg., he put him on a low residue dog food by prescription only (Iams). The problem got a little better but still there. Has anyone else had this problem with their chow chows? Is there something better I can give him??? Thank you all.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: sensitive stomach/loose stool

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Some of the food manufactures make foods for Sensitive stomachs, I only know Nutro so I will say Nutro Makes a few differant types, Chicken, rice and oatmeal for sensitive stomachs and a few other verities, I think there is another duck or venison blend might be in the Nutro ultra group.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Mishka had such problem from time to time. We give him probiotics and enzymes. They help him a lot.
Mishka and his family
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters also had tummy problems just like Igor said, probiotics and enzymes have really helped him.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

The problem is the food is not correct for the dog, this happens all the time with Chows. People try and cover up the problem with the food with all the suppliments, that is the wrong thing to do, the dog needs the correct food. Put the dog on Purina Pro Plan Selects Turkey and Barley and I will bet you that it clears up the problem. It's not that likely that the dog has a sensitive stomach, just the wrong food.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!