Bully Sticks

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bully Sticks

Post by fillyok »

I decided to order some bullysticks on-line after seeing how expensive they are at Petsmart ($12.99 for 2 12" sticks). I got some from the Best Bully Sticks site. I ordered 4 each of the 2 different 12" sticks and 4 of the curly kind. At first Ping and Tod didn't seem like they knew what to do with them, but Bear and Samantha headed straight for their beds and went to town gnawing on their bully sticks. They lasted about 30 minutes (which is pretty good for my pack). I haven't given them the curly sticks yet, but I've heard they last longer and actually clean their teeth better. At $1.69 for a standard 12" stick, my pack highly recommends Best Bully Sticks. :D

http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/bbs ... ticks.html

On anther note, I also ordered some Sam's Yam's Veggie Rawhides. They were not the hit I was hoping for. Samantha seemed to like them okay, but the others carried theirs around then dropped them. My pack does NOT recommend them.
:(
Auddymay

Re: Bully Sticks

Post by Auddymay »

Ummm...good review. Makes my mind go to low places, thinking about how the cows prefer the curly ones, too... :lol: :oops: :shock:
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Auddymay!!! :shock: Don't tell Ping what Bullys are made of or she'd be mortified.
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

So, every once in a while the ads at the bottom of the page catch my eye: "Bullysticks to 3 feet... size matters to your dog"
Sophie likes them too, I think she knows exactly what they are. Every once in a while, I catch her giving the bulls we pass in the field by the road the glad eye.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

:lol:
Thank you Elodie!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Tess and Tacia would give more attention to a piece of paper on the floor than they do the bully sticks, but Fi loves them. Luckily, she's not an aggressive chewer so it takes her a week to get through one of the 12" bully sticks. She doesn't care what they're made of, she thinks some of what we eat is just as gross so doesn't think sensitive bull parts are a big deal.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Grab
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Grab »

I don't give them, simply because the smell is kind of gross. All of the kids get less odor causing nibbles frequently though :P
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

There are odor free ones! I only give the 'MOO' ones as they are free range etc. No smelly here \:D/
Thank you Elodie!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I didn't notice too much of a smell from the ones we had. They're supposed to be free-range too, although I'm not entirely sure what that means.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I know this is old, but I just wanted to add that it does make a difference where they come from. The free range means that the moo-ers were allowed to range free, as oppossed to being raised indoors with hormones, etc. The ones at Petsmart are not as good quality, you can even see it in their color. The Moo Sticks brand is a really good one and I forget the other good ones, but if you ever go to dog shows you'll be able to get them for great prices!!! They have the best deals on all treats there (like the bag of Merrick lamb fillets with the chow picture on it--I can get that for $7 a bag as oppossed to $13-$14 at the local pet food shops).
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
gibbywmu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gibbywmu »

Yeah, I purchased some of those bully sticks from http://www.gibdogpetsupplies.com/bullysticks.htm. They had great pricing, and fast delivery. I noticed even less of a smell on those than the ones I bought from Best Bully Sticks.

They had those cow ears too, and our babies LOVE those!

Scott
laxboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by laxboy »

We actually LOVE the bully's from Best Bully Sticks http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/bbs ... ticks.html ....we have tried all of the different sites for bully sticks including Gib Dog and our boys are only happy with Best Bully Sticks. They are the best price with the best quality! LaxBoy
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Hmm, I'll have to get some for Molly and Dusty to try. They sound good (for the dogs, of course!) :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I just got my second bullysticks shipment yesterday. I ordered some different things this time...trachea stuffed with bully sticks...can we get more disgusting??? :shock: I think they were on sale and figured they might take longer to chew. I was right. They last a very long time even for my big-time chewers. The only problem is they make a HUGE mess with crumbs everywhere. Those would be great to buy during the colder months when they can chew them outside. For now, we'll stick with the braided and plain bully sticks.
xnqg38a
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by xnqg38a »

I have had good luck with BullyStickDirect.com They are always doing specials that are announced through a newsletter that they email. They have a 5% off coupon code that is always valid off the entire order. Their products are low odor or no odor.
coupon code br549
xnqg38a
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by xnqg38a »

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Bully Sticks =; =; =; no more in our chowhousehold!! =;

I bought a three pack on Saturday for my trio. I wanted to treat them since I was going to be gone for a few hours on Sunday. Bruin has had a bully stick previously since his former mom said he like them, so I got him one and he devoured it in 15 minutes. So on Saturday I thought I'd splurge (because they are so expensive) and bought a 3 pack and wanted to treat the trio. Miss PB and the Tiggs are virgins with the bully stick. Again, Bruin ate his in record time. It took Tiggy an hour and Miss PB, delicate eater of all things edible took her sweet time teasing the boys - I got tired of clocking her, so it must of been 4 hours or so. She did a great job teasing the boys she still had her bully stick - one bite of bully stick, look up at the boys, smile, bark, smirk, repeat, one bite of bully stick, look up at the boys, smile, bark, smirk, repeat.... Anyways, why the " =; "? Because this morning when I was on poop detail, I noticed something odd in Tiggy's pile. I have to watch what he eliminates carefully because he has "pica" (see my other thread of same name for info). I saw something really odd. It looked like some small pickle or an ocean pickle but why would he have had one of those? So disgusting as it sounds, I washed the object off with the garden hose. With rubber gloves examined what it was and VOILA! It was a 2" bully stick! I thought these bull penis tendons were suppose to digest. Bully sticks...No thank you!! =; Thumbs down from mom who holds the key to the petty cash box!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Ouch! That must've hurt!! The only thing I've found in the doggie diamonds in the back yard have been bits of fleece fabric. Apparently Tod's tummy doesn't digest that well.
That Miss PB is such a tease!!
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Oh, yeech! Thank goodness Sophie chews hers really good. Sophie's is a big time chewer. She needs her 12 inch bully sticks to work off her chewing needs. Ty, my shih tzu, on the other hand does not get bully sticks. He gums them up rather than chews them. I am afraid he'll choke on a long gooey string of bully stick.