Food Fight

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Food Fight

Post by Larry Harris »

We won a years supply of Nutro Natural Choice. We presently feed Wellness, with the gift of a 40lb bag a month for a year we are thinking about changing to Nutro. Is one better then the other? Wellnes is $10.00 more a bag but that does not equate to quality I don't think. What would you do?

Wish a bag a month would feed our pack #-o A bag a week would be better but we are happy for what we have \:D/

Larry
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Food Fight

Post by fillyok »

Congratulations!! That's awesome. I don't know if Nutro is better than Wellness, but I've been feeding Nutro Lamb and Rice Small Bites to my gang for about 2 years. They love it. Once in a while I'll buy a small bag of the glucosamine one to mix in it. It comes in bigger kibble, but they don't seem to mind it too much.

I can't imagine your food bill. My 4 go through a 20# bag every 2.5 weeks or so.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

That's wonderful! Maybe you could mix it with the Wellness instead of switching them over completely if you're not too sure of doing that.
ImageImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Pekoe has been eating Nutro Lamb and rice, Nutro Dental Biscuits and Nutro Chicken and rice treats for ten years, as much as I have pushed Nutro products I haven't even seen a free sample bag. I think I got a coupon once for a dollar off.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Does it specify which variety? Nutro has the basic line of foods most on here feed, and a higher end line that has been out about a year, I believe. My girls ate the Nutro, but like the Nature's Recipe better.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Pekoe has been eating Nutro Lamb and rice, Nutro Dental Biscuits and Nutro Chicken and rice treats for ten years, as much as I have pushed Nutro products I haven't even seen a free sample bag. I think I got a coupon once for a dollar off.

Jeff, if you go to their website, you can join their frequent buyers club or something like that. They will mail you a lot of coupons.
ImageImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

How cool! Congratulations. How did you win? This sounds like there must be a cool story behind it. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Our local shelter had a very large meet and greet for all the dogs in the shelter. They had raffle prizes from local pet stores, one being our own Pet Supplies Plus. As much as we buy there we should own at least half :roll: Anyway one of the prizes was a years supply of Nutro. We have also visited the Nutro site and entered a drawing to win a years supply from them [-o| We are up to ten rescues and every little bit helps. We will post the story on the new girl soon. Just say that it is our first neglect /cruelty case and we are deeply upset! Pray for her to make it through the next few days.

Larry
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Larry, congratulations, I am sure you can use it. You can mix it and slowly make the switch. Maxwell and Yoshi both eat nutro, with the sheep dog on the outside. They both have gained weight and have great coats so I am pretty happy with Nutro. It looks like karma worked in your case

David
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm glad you won the free dog food, Larry. I am anxious to hear about your new girl, although it will probably be very upsetting to all of us, as it is to you. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish for the best for her.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand