pups from Darlington

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

robinsegg26
Rank 1
Rank 1

pups from Darlington

Post by robinsegg26 »

HI all
I posted in Chows needing homes section about 3 chow chow pups that I got pulled from the shelter today (with a lot of members on heres help!)... They have Demodex mange pretty bad and was just wondering what kind of puppy food you guys recommend... since they already have skin issues (and are very stinky!!!!).. just wanna help them bounce back faster.. my own dogs all eat California Natural (due to labs allergies) Lamb and Rice... What do u guys think about their puppy food? Its been 9 yrs since i have actually had a puppy at our house so should be intresting and I am sure i will have lots of questions... these guys and I will need lots of help...lol.. oh boy what did i get myself in for!! :shock:
thanks!
Lil
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Bless you for taking these pups into your home. It's about 17 years since I had a puppy in the house. I feed Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice to my chows and would probably choose their puppy food.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I would recommend large breed puppy food whichever brand you choose. It's really important IMO.

Thank you so much for looking after these little babies :D
Thank you Elodie!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Mr. Naughty is fed Solid Gold WolfCub. I like the line and it has proved well for Miss PB.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "my own dogs all eat California Natural (due to labs allergies) Lamb and Rice... What do u guys think about their puppy food?"

California Natural is the lower end quality range of Natura products. Innova would be about their mid-range, and Natura offers some ultra holistic formulas as well, if you can find them in your area.

Because of the severity of the pups' condition, I would choose Solid Gold "Wolf Cub" kibble with Solid Gold "Green Cow" canned tripe as a topper and Solid Gold "Seameal" to further boost their immune function and help build coat.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

heres my two cents worth- i use the seameal by solid gold as a supplement and wolf king for luna and wolf cub for mr bigz. couldnt ask for two healthier chows. their coats and skin are beautiful. worth every penny!!!!
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

I also feed Solid Gold Wolf Cub with Seameal and Pudding has never had a skin problem, even though she came to me at 6 weeks recovering from strep on her tail and foot.