Best puppy food in the UK?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Best puppy food in the UK?

Post by Sahara91 »

Just wondering which is the best food to put my 8wk old girl on? She won't touch dry food or soaked dry food (her last owner fed her mince beef and soaked dry food, but it was one bowl between her and her brother, so there was no guarantee in what she was eating). I currently have her on nature diet (gradually swapped her over), she enjoys the chicken flavour but won't eat the puppy diet.

So, any ideas? What is the best puppy food I can give her that we can get here in the UK?
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

I don't know about the UK, so I probably shouldn't answer. But, Solid Gold, Pinacle and Canadae are great foods if you can get them there.
Mia
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

My puppy was not eating a lot neither.
Lately, I've tried to add some chicken, or cottage cheese, or mix different
brands of puppy food together, you should try that because mine is eating
more this way...

Picky chow! :roll:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

Thanks Mia, will have a look and see if I can get any of those here.

Coco Chow - when she first arrived she ate really well when it came to raw mince beef, I then offered her the nature diet and she wolfed it down, so I decide to swap her onto it. However, we also have a 3yo Shih Tzu who is the pickiest eater you are ever likely to come across, and the only food he will eat is Applause(sp?) which is pure meat (chicken, fish, beef, etc) and veg. Little monster discovered his food one evening, decided that it is FAR better than her own, and since then has gone right off the nature diet. So, the little monster tries her hardest to ambush our other dog while he's eating and steal his food rather than eat her own. If there is nothing else to eat, she will pick at her own, but if there is anything else available she will go for that instead. I've tried mixing chicken into her food (which she adores), she picks the chicken out and leaves the rest, no matter how well I mix it :roll: