diet for chow

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

anthony chin
Rank 0
Rank 0

diet for chow

Post by anthony chin »

Hi there, this is anthony chin from Singapore. Just got a 4 month old chow whom we named Chiku (sweet tropical fruit with brown hairy skin - just like our new chow).

Currently I'm feeding her good commercial dried food and canned lamp but has heard that mix of fresh home-made rice, cheese and eggs are actually the best. If so, can someone advise on proportion and how to prepare such meals?

Had read a post that rice & lamp is good. Do you mean fresh lamp & rice?

Thank you so much for any kind advise.

anthony :D
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

lamb and rice meal

Post by Debbie »

Anthony, I think when people say lamb and rice it is usually a store bought lamb and rice meal like the one a lot of chows on this site eat - Nutro lamb and rice meal. Congratulations on your new Chow! Debbie and Bones

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much for clarifying, Debbie & Bones. Silly me... I do wonder if that's available in our part of the world tough? Shall try. :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Diet

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Actually there are some people on here that do make their Chows food, Chicken and rice and some other Chow foods.
Victory awhile back had an excellent recipe for her Chows. Some others make their own food also, just give them some time to see your post.
For starters like Debbie said you might want to try Nutro Lamb and rice or Chicken and rice, they just started adding oatmeal to the chicken and rice for what I don't know so I switched Pekoe to Nutro lamb and rice.

Post by Guest »

Great thanks for the info, Jeff. Will try n see if Nutro is at all available here while I keep my fingers crossed that someone will response with recipe.

Is that Pekoe that I see on your reply? He/she is so adorable!!!

:D