National Animal Supplement Council (Quality Standards)

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

National Animal Supplement Council (Quality Standards)

Post by kiwani »

Excerpt: National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) - Regulating Animal
Supplements

The National Animal Supplement Council is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the health of companion animals and horses in the United States. The cornerstone of NASC is the CompliancePlusSM program, which provides a framework of best manufacturing practices for quality assurance, risk assessment/management and a commitment to ongoing research. These developments stand alone in the industry.

NASC members must agree to adhere to the quality standards outlined in the CompliancePlus program. Through it, NASC members pledge to ensure product integrity and vigilance regarding safety on four fronts:

Protect animal safety and welfare through the development and implementation of an adverse event reporting system.

Adopt and implement Best Manufacturing Practices, including raw material quality control standards, a Certificate of Analysis for each lot of product, and production control in an effort to establish a reasonable assurance of product integrity, reliability and quality.

Ensure labeling is fully in compliance with regulations. Wanton disregard for label claim regulations harms responsible manufacturers and is unethical and unfair to consumers.

Facilitate and fund research for ingredients and products to meet the necessary Food & Drug Administration and Association of American Feed Control Officials' risk assessment and utility requirements.

NASC members are providers of animal supplements who have committed themselves to the highest current standards for quality and responsible codes of conduct in the industry. As of September 2004, approximately 65 percent of the U.S. animal supplement market is a member of NASC, including some of the most recognizable names in the industry."
h0n33y
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by h0n33y »

can u share what is d most harmless supplement for the coat?

I'm planning 2 join a show ring

without doing what my lovely baby doesn't want me to do