Need advise SolidGold users

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kryptonite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need advise SolidGold users

Post by kryptonite »

Good day people, we need your advise. For the past week we've been feeding our Yumi Canidae (lamb and rice) but I noticed that she's been developing some weird tear stain on her left eye. So we decided upon changing her food...again. We've decided on Solid Gold but torned in choosing between Hundchen Flocken Puppy (lamb) and Wolfcub Puppy (bison). What do you guys think should it be for a 4 month old chow? Your advise would be greatly appreciated thank you.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

I would go for WolfCub as it is for large breeds, i.e. works against too rapid a growth. I had LEO on regular Welness & Innova Puppy, I sometimes wonder if she was on large breed food she wouldn't have had problems with her elbows. LEO had to have surgery on both of her elbow for dysplasia. It is heredatory but too rapid a growth is also listed as a cause. I was warned against feeding regular puppy food by a fellow dog walker who shows labs for it can lead to too rapid a growth. She told me to stick to adult food. I was even warned by her that she feared LEO was growing too rapidly. But I didn't listen. I thought puppies have different nutritional requirement to mature dogs. I should have seeked out WolfCub in the first place.... Most of the chows will be fine w/ either, but after so much heartwrenching moments we've been through w/ her problems, if I was going to raise another puppy I will stick to the large breed formula.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I feed the WOlfcub & Millie did great on it.
Thank you Elodie!
kryptonite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kryptonite »

good day guys. thank you for sharing your insights. We're going for the SG Wolfcub then.

regards ^^