Pup not eating much

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

NeoTheChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pup not eating much

Post by NeoTheChow »

Hello there!!

Neo is 6 months old. We picked her up on 7/7. She's been with us for 2 days. On day one I gave her orijen which is what I give my 7yo shiba infu. She had it twice but seemed to have a very difficult night on her first night back in our apt. Heavy panting, wouldn't settle down for the night in her crate. So I came here and ready that the orijen protein content isn't correct for chows. They need 22% vs the 38% in orijen. Read a bit more on the forums and majority seems to love solid gold hund n flocken and wolf cub. So I ordered the hund n flocken. While waiting for the food to deliver I gave her home cooked rice, ground beef and carrot she loved that and ate the whole bowl. Gave it to her again yesterday but she won't eat. And today I gave her the solid gold food but she won't eat that either. I know it's been a lot of food changes and a big environtmental change and that may be the reason why she isn't eating but I'm worried and thought I'd reach out to experienced owners for their words of wisdom.

She is drinking water and playing. She's pretty active. She also had a poop accident two nights ago. Her last movement was last night.

Please help.

Neo's mom
Chowmom56
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Pup not eating much

Post by Chowmom56 »

When my chow doesn't eat I give him a little coconut oil (Paste form) and within an Hr hes back to running around chows have very sensitive stomachs, On the other hand your chow could be in pain they pant a lot when they are in pain!!