Herbs and spices for pets

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Michael Shan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Herbs and spices for pets

Post by Michael Shan »

Seasonings provide nutrients valuable to dogs overall well being. Holistic veterinarians consider the herbs & spices to be safe for healthy dogs with no underlying health issues. But before using herbs and spices consult your veterinarian for any cautions. I have pets at home. At times I use certain herbs and spices in their food that I had purchased from one of the herbs and spices company in Toronto. Here is the list of herbs that are good for pregnant dogs and puppies.

1. Alfalfa which is rich in calcium, copper, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D etc. It is an antioxidant used to reduce pain and swelling.
2. Carob which is low in fat and high in fiber.
3. Caraway seeds
4. Milk Thistle
Cocoa, Comfrey, Mace, Paprika etc are few of the herbs and spices that are not safe for pets.
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Herbs and spices for pets

Post by JammyJoy »

Hi Micheal, Great list down there. Well, If you like to keep you dogs healthy, you’re probably already familiar with some of the ways in which herbs and spices can be used to treat common maladies. What you may not know, however, is that many of these same herbs and spices can be beneficial for your dog. Cheers!