Feeding.......I did some research........

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Feeding.......I did some research........

Post by Shane »

I was doing some research bout feeding or several months now and came to a conclusion last night.

"What dog food is spicifically designed food is designed for Whippets?" one may ask. The reply should be " Well no dog food is specifically designed for a breed let alone your dog." Dog foods are mainly designed for a dogs in general or a group of dogs. To narrow it down the best food for a Whippet would be in my opinion Pedigree. The reason why I recommend it cause the whippet is a lean dog and Pedigree is not highly calorie and has plenty of protein. So one would not want a big cloddy dog.

Well since this is a group about chows the best food i'll recommend for a chow would be Member Mark Exceed. It is high in calorie because like other breeds like the Pug, Beagle, and many other large breeds, substance is important. Remember when an increase of caloie means excercise so that the chow would still be fit and well muscled. The type of feeding I recommend and practise is free feeding. The reason why is because just like humans dogs when they miss a meal they tend to suffer from severe gas pains, espeacially when they are fed once day. It is alright to feed a dog a little from your plate now and again but not often. Never feed a dog bones although tasty, hey can severly damage a dogs intestinal track.

If not wanting to feed it store bought food it is best to know about food and nutrition abit. Always cook all food propally never raw. Raw meet may lead to parasitic infestation (worms). Dogs are originally carnivores but do to their domestication from wolves, vegatation has been introduced. A dog can live his life with out a drop of carbohydrate, although some many recommend it as extra energy. When a dog eats grass its either vommited backup or pased through intact. Basically it should contain up to 1/3 or 1/2 meat and vegatables like carrots, potatoes, rice for example. The food should be cooked for altleast 1/2 and hour(boiled). This is quite expensive

All diets should be supplimented with a daily vitamin. Although all dog says that they are 100% complete look at the differences in ingredients and quality and you'll know that this is quite untrue. Not all dogs needs are different. My chow may need more fat and your chow may need more calcium. So what their bodies don't need it will only expell except proteins because muscles are constantly worn out and damaged and fat, which stores energy for later.

So I was wondering for all of you who feed your dog special diets and and so forth say so that I may compare.

Shane