Can Chows eat fresh cooked turkey?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Can Chows eat fresh cooked turkey?

Post by Bucksey9 »

Hi I just got my first chow puppy shes 9 weeks old and she loves turkey! we mixed it with her normal dog food and she loves the stuff. But I heard that turkey is bad for chows? or am I wrong? does anyone else cook their chow fresh turkey or is it just me? LOL :mrgreen:
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Can Chows eat fresh cooked turkey?

Post by chow4life »

Matilda will of course get fresh turkey on Thanksgiving:-) I would see no reason why she wouldn't be able to eat it. Most nights for dinner we usually either put a little chicken, steak, fish or beef mixed in with her dog food. It's actually interesting because i mix the fresh food in with her dog food and i say "mmm smells good" she comes over and smells her food then walks over to her bowl and sits untill I put it down.
Bucksey9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bucksey9 »

Haha awh :-) yeah my kiki loves fresh turkey mixed with her dog food :mrgreen: we do like to feed her the best food possible, I say its more looking after her good by feeding her fresh food instead of "spoiling her" haha :D. wow beef? I have read that chows have a very low tolerate for red meat it can cause alot of problems with them but I dont know why :S

Anyway thanks for your reply chow4life I appreciate it :mrgreen:
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Chestnut loves turkey! Doc said I should hold back on giving her skin but white meat and dark meat is fine. Some have a hard time digesting turkey skin.