Frosty Paws

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Frosty Paws

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I spent the entire summer searching for Frosty Paws for Special when all of a sudden yesterday we were at the grocery store and actually looking for Eddy's Dibs for my husband when I looked down and saw them!!! I just shouted right there "They have Frosty Paws!" The guy stocking the shelves got a kick out of my excitement! :oops:

The next predicament was picking which flavor to get so I opted for the original because as some of you know, Special does not like peanut butter period! :D When I got it home, I was relieved that it had a nice smell because it occurred to me that with Special being picky about his treats, I may be eating them myself!

But the second I put it down, Special couldn't run through all of his tricks fast enough to get access to it!! Well then I sat down and about half an hour later, I went back and looked everywhere for the dish, but couldn't find it. Later my husband points out that Special had taken the bowl and put it on his bed!! :D He carried it around everywhere with him for a while after that! I'd say he gives the Frosty Paws four paws up! :D

Today, I treated him again with one... and lo and behold, I give it to him and he picks up the ball of ice cream and removes it from the bowl and puts in on the carpet!! I laughed and laughed until it was all gone! :D

Sorry, the pics are not so good, I was trying so hard to catch the cuteness and didn't have time to really focus! :oops:

Thanks everyone for suggesting the Frosty Paws!! They're a hit!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Special knows treats are best when eaten out of the dish! He is just so cute!
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Awe Special, you are such a cutie pie!!!!!!
I luv the photos Katalin, he looks like he's totally enjoying it. I laughed when I read your thread, as I too shrill when finding frosty paws. The first time I found them my husband was with me & he looked at me like whats going on over there. I came running over to show him them & he was like I can't believe it, they make ice cream for dogs. Years later...my husband gets as excited as the dogs do. Irish & Gorman take the cup in their mouth & carry it to their spot or bed & eat it. Onyx the lady she thinks she is (when not burbing) sits & eats hers like a lady. I'm so THRILLED you found them. If you have Wal-mart or Target super stores they typically carry them as well.
What I also love about this treat is that a portion of the proceeds go to assist the canines for companions.

Gp Special Go!!!!!!!
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Special...you are just such a cute boy.....sooooooooo adorable!!!

JR always gets a taste of leftover yogurt and he carries his yogurt cups around and then puts the cup sideways on the carpet and sticks his tongue all the way in to finish it off.

Sharon
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Brilliant - he looks so cute looking at his treat. I love it when M & M get something they like - I love the intense looks on their faces. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chris

Post by chris »

hmmmm... know what? ... I will have to try them with Steel. They have had Frosty paws for some time now. Grizz and Thor did not like them, but maybe Steel will. :-)

I will report back when we try them.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thanks everyone! He was just sooooo cute (as he always is of course :D )!

Celeste, I read your post to my husband and he laughed, he said to tell you that he thought the same thing as your husband! When we got home and saw me opening the package and calling Special over, he said "what are you doing?" I had to expalin that it was for Special. He said he assumed that it was something I bought for myself!!! :D

Sharon, JR and Special really would be best of friends if they knew each other wouldn't they? :D I can just picture them off in a corner just snickering and exchanging secrets! I'm going to have to try the yogurt with him one day.

Judy, you're so right!! It's that intense look that adds the extra cuteness!! I always wonder what he must be thinking at that moment.

Chris, defiently let us know if Steel likes the frosty paws. I'd love to see pics of him eating them!!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh Audrey, I'm so sorry I missed your post! :oops: You are so roght though, there is for sure something to be said about outside of the bowl!! It must taste better that way! He still often takes his first piece of kibble and puts on the carpet next to his bowl and eats it there!!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

FRosties?

Post by threedogjeep »

I never heard of Frosty Paws. Ice cream for our furkids??? Whow!! Come to think of it, I did see a guy in the grocery line with two boxes in his hand and that's all he had and I am pretty sure the box said Frosty Paws!! I'll look for them
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
buddysmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by buddysmom »

Buddy LOVES Frosty Paws.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Kodi likes Frosty Paws too!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I have a terrible secret to share.

Alan and I got these really wonderful old fashioned soft ice creams up at the lake....and I don;t eat ice cream of any sort....oh...these were sooooooooo good.
And.......I bought a kiddie cup of vanilla and split it for the chowdren in 2 cups...I know.....frosty paws is probably much better for them....Oh well....JR and Cheyenne never came up for air until the last drop was gone. Of course JR was prancing around with his cup in his mouth.

Sharon
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Brandon loves ice cream.

You guys say Walmart has these Frosty Paws?

I'll have to look for them - I've never heard of them until now.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I'm not sure who loves Frosty Paws more in my house...them or me. It's the only way to get them to quiet down when I get home after work. They've got me trained so well.

I tried to make my own frozen treats from a recipe in one of those dog biscuit recipe books. They had plain yogurt, mashed banana, a little peanut butter and a little bit of honey. I pulled out the blender to make sure it was well-mixed and poured it in little plastic Dixie cups and froze them...no dice. They gave them a couple charity licks and moved along.

I broke down and bought more FPs today. I save 50 cents per box by buying them on base, so that makes them a little easier to justify. The things we do for our Chows...call me the crazy Chow lady.
“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Pekoe has been eating Frosty paws for years, I just give them to her when its hot out. My local Ralphs hasn't been carrying them latly so I guess I will have to cruz around downtown and see if there are any Frosty paw dealers lurking around on the street corners.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I have seen frosty paws for years now. All of local markets have always carried them
I want to think that they are made by Biljac and I also want to think that Biljac is a local company to the Cleveland area.

I will check it out.

Sharon
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Katalin, that is so funny. Our husbands must think we are nuts. My husband actually thought I found my favorite ice cream, Ben & Jerry's: carmel sutra. You can never find it & he knew I was in the frozen section so when I came w/ a box of frosty paws he was like what??? I come home once a month w/ about 4 or 5 boxes... each box has 4 cups of ice cream.
My husbands like, honey we don't need that many. I told him yes we do. Then when he gets to the last 3 cups he's like honey we need more Frosty Paws.

Onyx does the same thing Special does w/ his food. She takes a few pieces of her Iams & on the carpet is goes. It must taste better that way ;)

Frosty Paws have been around for at least 12 years, thats how long I've been buying them. They are made by Purina & distributed by Dreyers Grand Ice Cream, Inc, which is located in Oakland (not a Raiders fan) California.
Ph# 1-800-225-3636 or web:frostypawstreats.com.

I live in the south & we have Publix grocery stores here. They keep a stock of Frosty Paws... because I always buy them out. Several times a year they have them 2 boxes for $5. If I could find a way to ship them to you guys I would...hmmmm Steel we REALLY need that airplane fixed ;)
I hope you like them. It's a nice way to wet your whistle on a hot day... or after the races. There are only 2 flavors
the blue box has a character dog thats white w/ a scarf, the flavor is peanut butter. There is a hot pink box that has original flavor. I also find them al the Wal-Mart super stores. Check out their sites, should be able to tell you who sells them.

Peks, you are such a lucky girl... your daddy's going cruising to find you Frosty Paws.

Sometimes if we ask the store managers to if it's possible to order the item, they will do it... it's worth a try.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Wow, you guys have been going on about Frosty Paws for ages, and I've never seen them anywhere! We just got a Publix, so I'll go check it out especially since Special made such a nice ad for them. Sophie hates peanut butter, any chance the original is "kitty flavor"? :D
Sandy
Owned by Sophie