What to feed a 1 year old chow?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

vdtran
Rank 0
Rank 0

What to feed a 1 year old chow?

Post by vdtran »

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a cream chow that I named "Rambo", I got him from the breeder at 10 weeks and now he is almost 1 year old. The breeder was feeding him purina puppy chow large breed, and he would not eat anything else. I bought different brands but he wouldnt eat them.
I want to switch him off that now that he is older and I want to see what brand of dog food other people on here are feeding their chows.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Rambo Puppy.jpg
Rambo Puppy.jpg (40.61 KiB) Viewed 4635 times
Jdcell100
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What to feed a 1 year old chow?

Post by Jdcell100 »

Feed mine blu buffalo salmon and potato his coat is like silk he loves that food
vdtran
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vdtran »

Thank you! Ill try it
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Rambo is ok for adult food now. Have you tried Acana flavors? A favorite among chow owners in the Philippines are fish based kibble like Acana pacifica or Taste of the wild pacific. For meat Solid Gold Wolf king (bison) is a best seller amongst Chow owners. There have been issues with Orijen being too rich making them poo too often. Canidae ALS is very reasonably priced and healthy.

A trick i have learned for picky eaters? put 1/8 Cesar's pate type food as topping. My Chestnut's favorite is the Fillet mignon and Steak and eggs flavor.