Chow Friendly Cake

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Chow Friendly Cake

Post by PurpleKisses »

Help!! My mommy needs a recipe, or at least some suggestions. Mama is throwing me a birthday party on the 26th. I will be a year old on the 29th but all my friends have to come on the weekend. Work. Anyway, we are going to have me(of course), THREE pomeranians, a Pom/Chi mix and possibly a Springer/Cockapoo mix. My german shepard friend hasn't been a good girl lately so her mama said she can't come. :cry:
So if anyone has some good recipes, my mama, me and my friends would all be so grrrrrreatful!!!!
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Chi-Ching, Onyx & Irish here. If you don't wnt to "make" a cake... my mommy got us the cutest cake from the store where she buys her groceries at.. the store is called Publix. She found us a cake called "Dogsters" (dogsters.com or 1-800-586-4423). It was next to the frosty paws. This company supports local animal shelters & guide dogs across the US. It's all natural, Kosher, no artificial flavors or colors or milk. One cake has 8 slices & I think it's less than $8?? It's a molasses cake w/ soy bacon flavor. Mom tried a little piece & I don't think she liked it as much as we do. I saw her come home w/ a few for Gormans party.
We know Gormans bday is coming up & we can't wait to have more.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

CHICKEN LIVERS!!!

I am going to be 9 in about 3 weeks {I was "dopted" from the city pound, so mom made my birthday about sept 4th}
It will be my 1st birthday having a sister, so Mom is going to make me and Cheyenne a chicken liver cake. Oh YUMMY.

JR
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

I wish we had a store like that here. I will give mama the info for Dogsters.

My poor mama wouldn't touch a chicken liver if you begged her. Sucks for me but you have to love her. She does have SOME good qualities. :roll:
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

Hey Chingers.. Coco here you and I gots the same birthday how cool.. i am going to be 1 on August 29 toooo. I don't know if my mommy is going to get me a birthday cake or not but if she reads this maybe she will make me one hint hint.. i really like turkey and chicken...
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

How Cool!!! We are going to have to gang up on your mama and tell her that you deserve to have a birthday too!! We are celebrating mine early so maybe the pictures will get your mama to give you a cake!!
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

I have a real easy cheap birthday cake and it turns out so darn cute. Take two (or three or four depends on how many guests you are having) cans of dog food and put it on a plate and shape it into a round circle (like a cake). Decorate it with treats and push in milkbones standing up on top for the candles. You can put it in the fridge to keep it solid.
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Can't believe chingers is goin to be 1 yr old. Here is a link to Nanuk's birthday cake. He loved it!

http://www.chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic ... t=birthday
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Chuy here! My birthday is the 14th of September - so that's really soon! I'm going to be nine. I hope my Mum makes me a cake and has a party for me. But I don't want my new little sister there. She's such a pain! I just know that she'll try to eat the whole cake herself and take all of my gifts and ruin everything because she's such a spoiled rotten little brat.....
Uh-oh...Mum is coming and I know she'll tell me not to type nasty things about Magda because she thinks Magda is such a good little sweet puppy. Wow, does Magda have her snowed! I have to go....
Happy birthday Chingers....I hope your party is good and that you get lot's of toys and treats.

Chubaka
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

You can also make a 'cake' by using unflavored gelatin in a cake mold, or individual molds, add whatever meat morsels, cheese, or treats you like, etc.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I make an ordinary sponge cake, put strawberry jam and cream in, dust with icing sugar. M & M have a little piece and absolutely relish it and we eat the rest! :laughloud:
A little cake once a year does not hurt them and they adore it!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

We've made homemade dog biscuits and dog pizza, but never a cake at our house. My brother's made a dog food cake for his dogs, though.

I think we'll have to try some of these cake recipes.

(Brandon says he agrees!)