which food is better?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

letsirk_xxii
Rank 0
Rank 0

which food is better?

Post by letsirk_xxii »

hi. just wanted to get your opinion guys especially those who have their babies/pup chow-chow for quite long. what kind of food is best for a chow? what brand of dog food brand to be specific? and how much do you guys feed them? i mean how do you measure? my baby is a 3 months old chow.
hope for your replies. tnx in advance.
Jdcell100
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: which food is better?

Post by Jdcell100 »

Our little 9 week blu boy was itching pretty constantly,changed his food to Blu buffalo lamb and oatmeal in 2 days itching stoped totally!!!!
Discipula
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Discipula »

My pup is just graduating to big boy food (awww) but I have also been feeding him blue buffalo puppy formula (the grain/gluten free kind) and now I've switched to the same adult formula. He seems to like it pretty well! Also, it is much better than the bigger named brands for his development in my opinion.
alvanorichie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alvanorichie »

I have a 9 month old chow chow. We feed him Natural Balance Original Ultra. Puppies are generally supposed to eat more than adult/senior dogs.It depends on the weight of your dog. For puppies, separate the food into 3 meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and as it gets older you can change it into 2.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by alvanorichie on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by trry »

Helllo,
Well my little guy was on Orijen for almost a year but the most recent bag we got he was getting random diarrhea. I assumed it was a bad batch since the retailer I got it from said their manufacturing company had a fire so production is slowly going back to normal. This is when I decided to change to a new brand Annamaet Grain Free Aqualuk and he has been doing wonderful on it. I think he likes it more than the Orijen. Well thats my 2 cents I hope it helps. My chow has a very sensitive stomach like any slight change in diet he poops a storm.

Thanks!
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

Go grain free. If not allergic to Chicken, Merrick Puppy formula smells and seems to taste great. Orijen Puppy, Go! Canidae grain free Large breed puppy formula. If allergic to chicken go for Orijen Six Fish, Acana Pacifica and my Chestnut's favorite Acana lamb and Apple, Duck and Pear. I look at the feeding guide at the back of the pack. For Acana and Orijen non- puppy formula read the fine print. you need to feed twice the amount or 1.5 to puppy depending on how many months old until 1 year old.