Changing my pups diet

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

jonnywho
Rank 0
Rank 0

Changing my pups diet

Post by jonnywho »

Hey All,

I have a 3 month old pup who I got from a breeder when he was about 10 weeks old. The breeder was feeding him Beef Pro Puppy which I knew was crap. the best dog food I could find locally, which my vet recommended, was Natural Balance Super Premium. So I started switching him over to this from day 3 with us. After some research, I want to switch him over again permanently to either Orijen or Go Natural. Is it too soon to do this?
Jdcell100
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Changing my pups diet

Post by Jdcell100 »

I'd watch about keep switching his food listen to yr vet keep him on the one he recommended if he's eating it.
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Yes! Switch from crap immediately. You don't need a vet to help you define what is a good food and what is a bad food, ( most don't know anyways), all you need to do is be able to read a label and understand what you are reading. ( and you seem to have a good grasp on that)

One thing though... I don't know if Orijen changed hands recently, but their formulation seems to have changed and the food is not as well received as in the past, so you may want to skip it entirely or don't get a large bag, start with a very small one, or just move over to Go Natural or Fromm products. Best of luck and thanks for putting quality nutrition as a priority for your puppy!

Breeders who feed their puppies crap... gotta love them......
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
jonnywho
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jonnywho »

Thanks for the tips guy. My pup is switching over to GO! fit + free now. :)