Need help. Are these foods healthy?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

camickey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need help. Are these foods healthy?

Post by camickey »

Hi. Up to this time I'm still confused and worried if I'm feeding Mochi the right food.
I feed him 2 cups of Beef Pro, 2 cups of Vitality High Energy and a spoon of PEDIGREE® Meaty Ground Dinner With Chunky Beef, Bacon & Cheese 3 times a day. Is that okay? I still don't know for the treats. I just buy them thinking if he will like it. Can you recommend a healthy diet food and treats? I'm afraid that I'm overfeeding him. :|
sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Need help. Are these foods healthy?

Post by sara »

as you are feeding a commercial diet of dog foods you need to go by your dogs weight and follow the guide on the packaging, taking into consideration the dogs *Censored Word*, age and activity level.

I am not familiar with all these foods, I've only heard of the pedigree brand and i would never feed a dog the pedigree branded food as its a low grade food IMO.
There are only a few commercial dog foods that i would consider feeding a dog as so many are junk food.

I make up my own food for my chow and supplement with dog food, wet and dry sometimes, you need to do alot of research to find out how to make good balanced meals for your dog but once you have it is extremely easy and worthwhile.