Eating issues

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

iceskates
Rank 0
Rank 0

Eating issues

Post by iceskates »

hi All,

I was hoping that I could gain some insight from all of you experienced chow chow owners. My nearly 11 month old puppy seems to be having issues digesting her food which is Acana large breed puppy. I noticed she has the issue every time I open a new bag. It's the same food so I don't really understand why she has the issue. Has anyone else experienced such issues? I have tried mixing a bit of the old bag's food with the new one which helps a bit but the poor puppy still has issues for 1 week. I hate seeing her have issues.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on great adult foods, please let me know. I'm thinking of switching to Blue buffalo if I can find it in Montreal, Canada.

thanks,
Sabrina
iceskates
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Eating issues

Post by iceskates »

As an update, I ended up contacting a very helpful dog breeder because my vet was not helpful really. So she said that chows do not digest puppy food because it's really fatty. She recommended Sensitive Skin and Sensitive Stomach from Proplan since she's used it for 10 years or so. I'm happy to report that my puppy did well on this food immediately. She was also a happy chow but she seems even more happy now if it's possible.