blue buffalo puppy formula & prevent picky eater

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

blue buffalo puppy formula & prevent picky eater

Post by trry »

Hello,
My 10month old chow has been on blue buffalo large breed puppy formula dry food for the past several weeks. I transition him off of Orijen large breed puppy formula and his poop has not been really solid it would be clumps of solids. I would always mix his food with something such as eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken or pork (bland no seasons) on Orijen his poop was soft but solid but on this its been inconsistent. I switched base on recommendation to prevent a picky eater but I want to bring him back to Orijen adult formula is he ready yet or transition to another puppy formula brand?

Also to prevent picky eater will I get the same results of I swap ingredients but same brand such as chicken to duck to salmon back to chicken.

Thanks!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: blue buffalo puppy formula & prevent picky eater

Post by Rory's Dad »

At 10 months, you could start a transition. General advice i have seen is 1 year for the puppy mix, so by the time you complete the change, he should be pretty close. I dont get the picky eater issue, as Rory is on a modified raw diet anyway...he has decided he no longer likes yogurt though.
trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: blue buffalo puppy formula & prevent picky eater

Post by trry »

Yeah, my guy doesn't like yogurt too since I tried putting that in his rotation. I will try cottage cheese next. Thanks for info. I will get him a small bag of puppy kibble + 1 big bag of adult and transition him off that way both same brand of course no violent diarrhea.