Food and diet tips and regulations

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chow master
Rank 0
Rank 0

Food and diet tips and regulations

Post by Chow master »

Hello fellow chow owners

Ok so first off, if I am able to get a chow I want to brush up on all my facts including food. My first question is: what are the best dog food brands for the chow that all of you have used and works? What is bad to feed them? And do you have any special food routines? Oh is there any good brands of treats and training treats? If there is what are they? Or do you guys/gals use like cheese, chicken, turkey, ect.

Thank you for the replys
~chow master \:D/
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Food and diet tips and regulations

Post by Chowmomma »

I feed my chowdren nutro natural choice lamb and rice....does really good for their coats

I had a lil red chow that was allergic to the world, it was all she could eat. Best not to switch foods on them alot...talk to your vet and see what they suggest

Good luck hunny!

Sent from me, Chowmomma
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Food and diet tips and regulations

Post by Rio »

Currently Rio is fed Burns Hollistic Chicken and Rice. There are so many different foods about and I think nearly all of them must have been used by the members on here. I think it's a personal choice or in Chowmommas case if doggie has allergies its a trial and error.
You will find one that works, just don't buy huge sacks of any food until you and Chow are both happy with it.
Good Luck