Another Food Recall

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Another Food Recall

Post by Rory's Dad »

aglag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Another Food Recall

Post by aglag »

Yeah !!! never a dull moment. My dog has been on Taste of the Wild for over four years without a problem. Now this. I just received a bag last week from my supplier. They sent me an email letting me know that they are giving me a refund for the last two bags they sent. I get my dog food every two months automatically so I was very happy the company recognized the recall right away and the best part did not hesitate to give the refund. Now I have to do my homework for another dry kibble. They recommended Fromm and Canine Caviar. But, I have to be careful because you know what switching dry food does to the dog. Any suggestions?
trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by trry »

My Chow has been on Orijen. I was also on the fence looking for an ideal brand for my chow. He is almost done on his 2nd big bag of this and plan to buy another 1-2 more since he is only 8months and I was advise don't take off puppy formula until 1year.

Hope this helps but it was hard to find a local shop that sold Orijen.
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

It's rather ironic that just after I wrote that Dim Sum's current food is Costco/Kirtland Lamb and Rice in another thread that it gets recalled. The code on the bag indicates it is one of the affected batches, although he has gone through 3/4 of the bag since I got. Fortunately no problems, and I already had Natura California Naturals Salmon on hand waiting to be rotated in.
Last edited by PCC on Tue May 08, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aglag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aglag »

Well, I decided to try him on Fromm since it is a small family owned company. Who knows. Anything can happen. I bought him the salmon and veg kibbles. We shall see. I also bought the holistic transition to sprinkle on his food so that he can switch without too much of a diarrhea problem. I hope this goes smoothly.
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

Dim Sum had a sensitive stomach when he was young, but he handled the switch without blinking an eye.