Blue Buffalo Puppy Formula Good?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Santaeid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Blue Buffalo Puppy Formula Good?

Post by Santaeid »

Just wondering if the Blue Buffalo Dog food I feed my Chow Chow is good for him. I heard giving him rice is good so I mix in some rice with the food too.
oceans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Blue Buffalo Puppy Formula Good?

Post by oceans »

I had my puppy on Eukanuba, and switched her to Blue Buffalo because I heard wonderful things. I switched gradually as was explained and Matilda started to get the runs after the first 48 hours. Not to mention the horrible gas that went with it. I mean she was only receiving maybe less then a 1/4 cup of Buffalo with her Eukanuba. I got on line to see if this was normal and the reviews of soooo many pets that had this same problem; some of them ended up in the vets office because of this. I went ahead and stopped giving her Blue and kept her on Eukanuba because she was doing great on it and everything cleared up. I still would like to find a great natural product to feed to her though. There are just so many products out there that I am unsure of which ones to try. I don't like messing with her food when she is having no problems on it. Hope this helps.
Santaeid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Blue Buffalo Puppy Formula Good?

Post by Santaeid »

My Chow do not seem to be effected by it at all. I have not noticed any gas or diarehha or any problems like that. Blue Buffalo is the first food I gav ehim also.