Any food recommendation for my chow?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Lou_2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Any food recommendation for my chow?

Post by Lou_2010 »

Hello...

Does anyone know the best thing to feed your chow??? I use Royal Canin German Shepard at the moment. Thanks Louise :)
jahncrish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Any food recommendation for my chow?

Post by jahncrish »

I recommend you to give grains from barley, rolled oats, millet, quinoa, and brown rice. Avoid corn, cornmeal, soy and wheat. These are difficult for dogs to digest and can cause allergies.
Lou_2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lou_2010 »

Thank you where do I buy this from??? only problems is I don't think jed likes rice?? will give it a try though. Louise :)
kong1954
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kong1954 »

Go for Exceed..Same formula as Eukaneuba(Sp?)..However, at a reduced price..It is $30 for a 44 pound bag. The first ingredient is either chicken or lamb...Our chows love it! Great quality and at a great price..This can only be found at Sam's...We have been on this food for at least 3 yrs. Their coats are beautiful and very active..
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

I feed my lily James wellbeloved which is a good quality food at a much cheaper price than royal Kanin and eukanuba and most expensive foods. It's very good and lily loves it
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
Lou_2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lou_2010 »

Thank for that I have changed jed over to James wellbeloved only problem now is I've had another pup and he wants to eat her food and she wants to eat his!!! I have split them up when its dinner time for them but their not eating as much as they should be! :D