Nature's Select

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

katman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nature's Select

Post by katman »

I have a 9 week old pup and I was wondering what you thought of this companies products.
http://naturalpetfooddeliverykansascity ... ucts_id=90
katman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Nature's Select

Post by katman »

No opinions or comments? I had been giving there food to my last Chow, Smokey, and he was doing good, considering his age. When he passed, they said they would refund my money on the last order I made with them! They deliver to my door on Wednesdays and take any kind of payment. I can order on line or the phone. They even sent me a card on the loss of Smokey. Great people to deal with. I just want to know if the pupy food is OK for my Chow pup.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

You might be the first chow parent to feed your chow Nature's Select. I did come across a distributer at one of the weekly adoption fairs the local rescue I fostered for held last year. The distributor handed out some samples. I took the salmon one and if I can recall, the trio enjoyed it. However, I used it more as a treat.

Do you know where the food is sourced and made? The distributor gave me the impression that the food was sourced in Northern California. But through your link, it seems like Nature's Select seems like the "Avon, "Mary Kay", "Tupperware" or "Shaklee" of the dog food world where people buy into the multi-level marketing plan of the company and become independent distributors. The web site doesn't indicate where the actual food is prepared (or where they get the proteins). Just my thoughts.

If your chow did well with it all through his life, it should be okay to try it with your new little one. Just watch out for symptoms of intolerance like poor stool quality, itchiness and hot spotting, maybe even teary eyes.
katman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by katman »

They're not MLM. I'm a MLM junkie and I'd be all over it if it was :lol: :lol:
They just have distributorships. I'd like to try the puppy food but not if it's for a small dog breed. I don't want him to grow too fast. I want him develop just right.