change

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

VIOLET315
Rank 0
Rank 0

change

Post by VIOLET315 »

hi i took the advice and haven't let my dog have any cat food for about 3 days now. she's acting like she really doesn't like this change. this might sound wierd but can she be having something like a withdrawl. like when you take my choclate. she keeps asking for something. i'm guessing its the cat food.also she seems to be having a big problem with the heat. we live in fl. i plan on getting her shaved very soon. any ideas on this thanks
kingalls

Re: change

Post by kingalls »

When Shiloh hears us scooping up the cat kibble she is all perky and waiting for her share even though it has been 2+ years since she was cut off from the treat. They won't forget.
Chows don't do well in the heat so being in Florida sounds like a challenge. Do you usually shave her for the summer?
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
VIOLET315
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VIOLET315 »

yes we shave her every year. what food would you reccomend for a 15 yrold female weighs 40 lbs and has no health problems except alittle glaucoma?
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Check out the food, nutrition thread - but essentially, make sure the food isn't full of corn or wheat fillers. My two are on a raw green tripe diet plus Solid Gold kibble but the food thread might help you decide on what you can do for your Chowling.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh