Dick Van Patten

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

phoenixrizing13
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dick Van Patten

Post by phoenixrizing13 »

Is anyone feeding their chow Dick Van Patten?

My vet has Nanook on Science Diet Z/D Ultra prescription diet at the moment for possible food allergies. I don't want to leave him on this long-term, both due to cost as well as it not being a really good food, so I'm researching other foods to consider trying after the 8-10 weeks I have to leave him on his current food is up. I'm liking Dick Van Patten as a first choice to try since they have a limited ingredient line of foods.
mattiegirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Dick Van Patten

Post by mattiegirl »

I have a 3 yr old blue chow, Mattie, who has a sensitive stomach and skin issues such hair loss in patches along her legs and greasy fur along her back and was constantly scratching and licking her paws. My vet tested her thyroid enzymes and said they were within the normal range. My vet suggested that Mattie was allergic to something in her diet (Eukanuba Lamb & Rice). After trying different high-end kibble and reading the ingredient labels, the staff at Petco suggested Dick Van Patten limited ingredient line of dog food. They have a very good return policy. I have been feeding Mattie, Dick Van Patten Sweet Potato and Fish for about 8 months and her fur has grown back and looks great. She was probably sensitive to corn grain which is in many of the Lamb & Rice formulas.
Good Luck in finding the perfect diet.