Arden Grange

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

dannyoconnor430
Rank 0
Rank 0

Arden Grange

Post by dannyoconnor430 »

Good evening as you may know some months back I had ACL surgery on Max. I then tried him on Synflex as a supplement which seemed to have some positive effects on both Max and Holly. With Holly now at the grand old age of 6 and Max now 5, I have decided rather than spend £30 a month on Synflex PLUS food, to move them onto Arden Grange Senior. It is a lower calorie food to help keep them neat and trim, plus has the benefits of added Chondroitin and Glucasamine. Also its a natural food and I think the extra cost should hopefully remove the need for Synflex (I've never felt too easy about giving them a synthetic drug). I was wondering whether anybody on here has used this food and what thoughts they had on it? My brother has a show Mastiff and uses James Wellbeloved (similar one) and most large breeders seem to recommend one or the other to help improve condition, health and lifespan. He does go the whole hog though and supplement with Heart and Tripe but the smell knocks me sick! Holly is very fussy though so I plan on gettting some standard beef mince and cooking a batch every few days and simply adding it into the meal once per day, the other will simply be dry meal then.
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Arden Grange

Post by chowhuskylass »

Hi there, i could not feed arden grange due to the egg powder and maize both these trigger allergies in my chow, we use skinners salmon and rice and my lot do great its hypo allergenic 20% protein as efe has sensitivity to protein and it also has glucosomine and chondroitin added, due to the fact 3 out of my 7 dogs have sensitivity one has colitis they all do great no itchies and less bouts pf colitis i get it for £21.99 a bag delivered to my door but shops retail from £21-£26 depending.

i use the flexwise as supplies of synflex has ceased to due import issues..
kazschow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Arden Grange

Post by kazschow »

I tried the Skinner duck and rice and salmon and rice, both resulted in recurrent UTI's unfortunately. As for Arden grange neiter would eat it, no idea why, but it's horses for course tbh... However the level of glucosamine and condriotin in the senior foods is not at a theraputic level.

Mine are currently doing well on JWB duck and rice with an additional mix of raw meats, but I continually monitor it.

As far as the clucosamine, condriotn goes I use human grade suppliment, along with green lipped mussel, vit E Fish body oild, oil of evening primrose and garlic.

My younger chow had a full TPLO last year, with additional removal of 60% of his meniscus. He's made a complete recovery, I belive with the help of supplimenting his diet, as well as controlled exercise and continued physio exercise ;)