The Dog Food Project

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

The Dog Food Project

Post by kingalls »

I found this website to be very, very informative: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=main
It's worth your time to browse through many pages of information.
I have emailed the author myself and got an immediate response. Reading through some of the emails posted, I saw that there were other cc.org members posting and noting happy results after gaining more information regarding food and nutrition information from the site.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: The Dog Food Project

Post by Mia »

It's a great website - so much to read.
As I keep saying, the more I read, the more confused I am.
Mia
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

chowling1964 wrote:more confused I am.
It doesn't have to be confusing if you look at the simple picture.
A dog is not a human, therefore it's reasonable to assume that they require a diet that is species specific and the more closely you work towards feeding that way, the more you are helping your dog's health. Dogs eat meat. So with commercial foods, the less grain, and the more meat or natural foods you can offer, brings them closer to that species appropriate diet - which in turn brings them towards better and more complete health. It's no different with humans. If you eat processed foods constantly yourself you will not be as healthy as you would if you ate fresh, natural produce that contains no additives, chemical, clearners, that you cook yourself.

Commercial dog foods are the "Waste To Profit" industry, and people need to start understanding that.
Manufacturers take waste food products and turn them into a sellable product for the market place, so it's always better to steer clear of low quality foods that contain chemicals or little or no meat products.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

This thread is FYI only and not meant to imply that is should be the ultimate guide. As with anything we read, we will glean and absorb what we feel is relevant to our particular situation.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh