Eagle Pack

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Eagle Pack

Post by threedogjeep »

I have had Leela on the Anchovy mix of Eagle Pack. About a year straight. Would there be any need to change. And if I just changed to another Eagle protein like the duck/oatmeal, would that need to be introduced slowly ...like I do when I change brands?
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Eagle Pack

Post by TJordan »

I hope you get an answer to this. I was wondering the same thing. The food my Butters is on currently has different formulas, but I am not sure if they need to be introduced slowly either.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

It won't hurt to start it slowly. It only take a week to do the integrating. I would think you should since the main protein is changing, as its protein percentage. Just like humans who do not eat a specific meat for some time, often if they indulge in that particular meat, they get the runs or stomach pain within 24 hours.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Good to know. Thanks
SweetPea Rocks!!
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

i often wonder that to jonathan ?
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

good question, All I can say is I've tried Natural Cal, Van Patten, Eagle Pack duck/oatmeal, the food that looks like ground meat in packets I forget the name now, Nutro Canine, and a few others and none stopped the itching.. until I used the Wolfking bison and ocean fish.. so I don't know if thats proof cause most of those were just as expensive as Wolfking but I do notice a difference in itch and coat.. I have added recently salmon oil to her food.. My vet said unless they are having an allergy problem no need to buy expensive stuff. But looks like Nikki had some problems.. Oneill never had any problems and ate just about anything..
h0n33y
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by h0n33y »

chowpups wrote:good question, All I can say is I've tried Natural Cal, Van Patten, Eagle Pack duck/oatmeal, the food that looks like ground meat in packets I forget the name now, Nutro Canine, and a few others and none stopped the itching.. until I used the Wolfking bison and ocean fish.. so I don't know if thats proof cause most of those were just as expensive as Wolfking but I do notice a difference in itch and coat.. I have added recently salmon oil to her food.. My vet said unless they are having an allergy problem no need to buy expensive stuff. But looks like Nikki had some problems.. Oneill never had any problems and ate just about anything..

have u tried the EAGLE PACK Lamb and Rice??? the holistic one??

I wish I had many choices in my town, but unfortunately, I don't.....

:(