eggs

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

eggs

Post by Cara&Haley »

How much is too much? my 2 love eggs but I limit them to 2/week.
Can you feed them too many eggs??
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: eggs

Post by Layla »

I'm not sure if there is too many eggs a week for chows.... I'll be interested to hear if anyone knows. I'd guess that maybe too many is if they get an upset tummy?

However, I feed my two a couple of eggs a couple of times a week :D They love them!
Thank you Elodie!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I think we average about twice a week - maybe 2 boiled eggs each - depends on whether or not Nahkohe is interested, in which case Shiloh will gobble all of them.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Cara&Haley wrote:Can you feed them too many eggs??
Consider that in the *natural* world, egg laying season would be linked to the circadian rhythms and length of daylight, just as a Chow's coat turnover is linked to the circadian rhythms and length of daylight. Eggs would be abundant at the right time to help build a new coat. The vitamin D found in eggs could be stored in the Chow's liver for several months, so it's not really necessary to feed too many eggs weekly, especially if you are also feeding foods such as salmon, sardines, liver, etc. Take into consideration your Chows overall diet/current weight/activity level, condition of the coat/skin, etc.
zues62
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zues62 »

I feed Apollo eggs at least once a week. I scramble them with a little milk, and mix them in with his food. He just absolutely loves them, and has had no problems with upset stomach.