how many times should i feet my chow at 4 months? help!

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

tkat_22
Rank 0
Rank 0

how many times should i feet my chow at 4 months? help!

Post by tkat_22 »

i'm new to this and my boyfriend gave my a chowchow as a present for valentines day..i got bowbow when he was still 2 and a half months.

right now he just turned 4 months this 24th..and just won't stop eating.. sometimes he eats my other dogs food after when he done with his..i feed him first out of all of them

i feed him 3x a day since i though he still a pup... is that right or wrong? please help? should i feed him with just dog food? or should i also cook him food...alternating day by day?
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: how many times should i feed my chow at 4 months? help!

Post by Coco Chow »

3 times a day is fine at 4 months old. I started to feed Coco 2 times a day when she was around maybe 6 months old, I don't remember exactly, but I remember she wasn't eating her lunch anymore, so I just skipped it, and since then I give her a meal for breakfast and dinner only.
If you don't know how much to give, look at what's written on the back of your dry food bag, knowing they are usually generous with what you should give...
If your chow doesn't have any health problem, you could add some salmon or another fat fish to his diet for a shiny coat from time to time. But I wouldn't alternate dry food/home cooked meal everyday, I'd be affraid to upset his tummy. :wink:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/