Evo Red Meat Formula dog chow

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Martins09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Evo Red Meat Formula dog chow

Post by Martins09 »

I just adopted my 2 year old chow, and im SO SO in love with him. I was just wondering, Im feeding hime Evo Red Meat formula dog food. Is It true that chows should satay away from a lot of meats? thanks for your help
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Evo Red Meat Formula dog chow

Post by CoraP. »

Welcome and congratulations on adopting a chow! There are lots of different ideas out there. Some feed their chows a raw diet and they do really well. Some swear by the dry food while others like the wet, and some mix both together! I try to feed my 2 (a chow and a retriever-mix) the best dry food I can afford. I think it's mostly what works best for you and your chow. I'm sure lots of others can give you much better advice than I can!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

My question would be how is his poop? I tried switching my two to Innova which has a lower protein content then the EVO and we had runny poopy butts galore. Same with Solid Gold. If his poop is fine and he isn't itchy/scratchy...no skin/coat issues then I would assume it is fine.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Codymac2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Codymac2 »

I heard the same thing when it comes to Chows - that they dont need really high levels of protein. But again, no real info on if there would really be a significant difference in a food with 20 grams vs one with 26 grams. (I believe I read it shouldnt really have more than 20 per serving)
I have been feeding mine Fromm for the past 3 months- recommended by a friend who works in the pet food business. I am not ever sure what the protein level is on it - somewhere in that range I believe. They seem to love it with no problems.

Any others with experience feeding your Chowlings Fromm - feel free to post your comments as I would love to get any feedback on this food too.