Nutro Max

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

nelliegirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nutro Max

Post by nelliegirl »

Hello, I am new to this site. I adopted a 3 yearold black Chow about 8 months ago. I am switching her food to Nutro Max has anyone had any problems with this food. I gave her some today and she picked out all the Nutro and left the Beneful ( I know that is why I am switching). I am so confused about choosing the right food I just want Nellie to be healthy and happy.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Nutro Max

Post by Jeff&Peks »

My Chow has been eating Nutro Lamb and Rice and Nurto dental Biscuits and desserts for 13 years haven't seen any problems yet.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

From what I've read, it's best to give them as high a quality food as you can afford. You've probably heard that Beneful isn't a very good food. Nutro is a good quality food. Other brands like Wellness, Fromm , Solid Gold, Blue Buffalo...there are quite a few.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
nelliegirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nelliegirl »

I know Beneful is not a high quality food but when I got her she weighed 32 lbs. and would not eat anything. I tried Beneful and she ate it, liked it, put on weight and at that point that was more important to me now she that she is healthy I want eat something that is a better quality. Thank you for your advice!!