Nutrition

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

blanca
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nutrition

Post by blanca »

Which is the best food to feed chow puppies (8 months old)?

Also, what are the best treats for chows?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Nutrition

Post by Jeff&Peks »

My opinion, Nutro and Nutro treats toped of with an occasional frosty paw. I avoid treats except for a dental biscuit every morning.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
NanouetJon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by NanouetJon »

I followed some advice from some members here and have my local store bring in Solid Gold. I am using the Large Breed Puppy food. Maddoxx loves it! I am mixing in some Wellness wet food right now becuase he is teething and it softens everything up and keeps him eating.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Solid Gold is good I give mine wolfking once in awhile, Its best to find a food that works then stick with it, changing food and diet every 3 months or every year seems to cause alot of problems
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

After the advice of everyone here, I sought out to find Solid Gold for McKenzie but couldn't find it at the 5 pet stores I know of around here so I got her a bag of Nutro Lamb and Rice. She seemed to like it okay but it gave her the runs even though I weened her onto it after she was at the shelter eating Beneful for 6 months. I then weened her onto Blue Buffalo and she loves the taste and has no bathroom problems now. She really enjoys the fish and sweet potato but does like the lamb and rice also.

Just wanted to add that the size of the Blue Buffalo is nice and small and triangular shaped. I also think it's softer than most dry foods.