Happy Dog Food

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Happy Dog Food

Post by kingalls »

I have been thinking about converting to a raw food diet and have been doing some research per Layla's recommendation.
While at PetPals yesterday, I saw a package of Happy Dog Food. You add water and raw meat. Because my two are picky I wanted to just try a small sample. I contacted them and they will be sending me a sample of the grain free product. They also recommended the Excel K9diet link for the frozen meat products. The Happy Dog Food has nutritional information for their products on the website.

http://www.happydogfood.com/
http://www.excelk9diet.com/home.htm

I'm not seeing any issues with the Wellness product but I'm always looking to improve their diet. I've read many good things about the benefits of a raw diet.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Re: Happy Dog Food

Post by Zhuyos mom »

There was samples of Happy Dog food (I think) in the CF08 goodie bag. It was in the box with Mindy's business card in the front. There is a BARF factory in your town. I saw it on the TV show "Dirty Jobs". Here is the link: http://www.greentripe.com/
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I think it was the Excel K9 dehydrated food - yes, I gave it to them and they did eat it! Small world. The Happy Dog Food company is just a few miles from me - Aromas. I've been "teasing" them with some raw hamburger treats...oh, Nahkohe and Shiloh are so unforgiving when I give them the other treats after a few morsels of the raw hamburger. I've never seen a dog turn their nose in disgust when I offer them a treat they don't want until having these two. :shock:
:D the greentripe place is 1.5 miles from me - I'll be visiting them tomorrow! Geez - I don't even know what's in my own home town :oops:
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:D I got 2 bags of the Happy Dog Food today! Wow, they were very generous in sending me these samples. I also went to the Green Tripe Company and talked with them for a while. I picked up two one lbs bags of the regular tripe. Shiloh was in the house when I got home. She smelled it immediately! She was following me all over the house trying to lick my hands. The tripe has to defrost overnight in the fridge so tomorrow they will get their first breakfast. I'm pretty lucky to have this so close to home.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Remember to be really careful in handling the raw foods. It can pose a health danger (GI type) with you and anyone who prepares the meal and cleans up their poop.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

The GreenTripe Company gave me an info sheet about handling the food - makes sense that it applies to our pet's food as it does to handling raw food when preparing dinner. The lady I talked to mentioned the Discovery Channel video about the "dirtiest jobs". I found it...Jeff was "grossed out" (how's that for a 70's term :lol: ).