UFO in food

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

UFO in food

Post by threedogjeep »

Anyone else find any unidentified foreign objects in a bag of Wolf King?
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: UFO in food

Post by TJordan »

Not so far. I have used most of one big bag and nothing odd so far. What do you think it is that was in there?? /:)
SweetPea Rocks!!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

don't know. I had the big bag and pour it out into a manageable container in increments. A piece of white plastic..solid..looked like it was chewed on almost. Sharp on one end. Dense plastic. Scary.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

My trio is on Hundenflocken now. Bought a new bag last week and didn't get a prize inside. QA is important. If you haven't already done so, I suggest your e-mail Dane at Solid Gold. I've e-mailed him before in the past for all sorts of questions. His e-mail addy is: dane@solidgoldhealth.com

Can you take a photo of the UFO and post here? Just so others can keep an eye out for it.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

You have to be careful with places that take food back some places refill it, reseal it then put it back on the shelves, I always double check the seals and how new the bag is, excessive wrinkles in the bag is most likely a return. if the seal doesn't seem right and the bag doesn't look new I leave it on the floor and check another bag. If anyone is buying from discount dog food places check the bag and the expiration date carefully.

Treat the dog food bags and boxs like you would a kids trick or treat bag, if something isn't right don't feed it.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

threedogjeep wrote: A piece of white plastic..solid..looked like it was chewed on almost. Sharp on one end. Dense plastic. Scary.
There's a white plastic vacuum-seal near the bottom of the bags, maybe the piece you found is a broken part of the vacuum-sealing equiptment (?) I'd notify the company...