Yet Another Food Question

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Treats

Post by Juniper »

My Sheena is very fussy and will not eat any dog treats except for the Nutro Ultra Biscuits but hesitates more and more and has refused them at times. 100% chicken breast jerky, dried, all natural is what she's developed a real hungering for. I get it at Trader Joe's - 4 ozs. for 2.99. Expensive but Sheena gets 1 per day when I leave in the morning. It's a very healthful treat if your Chow doesn't have problems with chicken.

Be forewarned that the healthier your Chow's diet is the fussier they get about the quality of their food. Sheena gets fussier by the day. As it should be. Since I eat organically grown food only, including meats, eggs... I find when I eat non-organic it just doesn't taste as good. There really is a difference.

Good luck with the switch and enjoy the changes that will be forthcoming in your Chow.
Jennifer & Sheena
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thanks! There's a Trader Joe's across the street, I'll go tomorrow to pick up some of those! :wink: I think others have mentioned them as well, I just didn't know where to get them. It's funny how you say Sheena is fussy, Special was the same way when he first got here. He wouldn't eat any treats at all. I kept pushing the milkbones (as it turns out, what a mistake I was making with that one! :D )!!!! :oops: