Black Gold dog food?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Black Gold dog food?

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Anyone ever hear of Black Gold dog food? My daughter went to Reno for some convention and stopped by Black gold dog food booth, the rep is raving about how great his food is and how its only sold in the finest of stores, He tells her its the best food on the Market.The first 3 ingredients are Chicken by products, wheat and corn fillers, sure bet. then my daughter tells me they are looking for sales reps I should do it, another sure bet. Onyx gobbles down anything you put in front of her so when she gave Onyx a bowl of it as usual Onyx dove into it, she goes see Onyx loves it, all I said was throw that crap in the trash, Nooo the guy said its the best food there is, Its a good thing my daughters not feeding Onyx I see skin problems all over that food.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Black Gold dog food?

Post by Red Dragon »

Black Gold is crude oil! :lol: The first indication of something being wrong is with the guy saying it is the best food there is. :lol: Hope Onyx doesn't have a butt explosion! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Black Gold dog food?

Post by CoraP. »

It doesn't sound good to me either. The first ingredient is what there is the most of and fillers aren't great ingredients. I'd pass.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand