Stay!

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Stay!

Post by Auddymay »

I was so proud! I had just started grooming Lily, when I realized the pin brush was back by the computer. I had a problem. Lily will lay still during the brushing process, but will get away and run upstairs if the opportunity arises. Me getting up and walking away is definitely in the heading of golden opportunity. But I really needed that brush...I laid the rake on her shoulder, and when I stood up, her head popped up. I gently laid it back down, which I always do, because that is step 1 of any escape attempt. I told her to stay, and held up my pointer finger (our 'stay' sign). Glory be, she stayed right there! That had to be a first, and probably a last...lol.

On a side note, she is definitely into her seasonal shed. I had a big pile at the end of our session.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Stay!

Post by janet »

good girl miss lily!!!!!!!!! your mommy musy be so proud of you.
audrey, i know what you mean about the hair. i have it going on times two. lol. :roll:
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh that is so awesome!!! Yay Lily!

When you got back did she give you the "well, yeah I stayed, what made you think I wouldn't?" look? I find that when I'm the most suprised and proud of him for staying, he has this look on his face like "huh?" :D :D

Oh and it seems like Special is close to being done with his shed, he started early this year with a gradual build-up to teh last two weeks and it looks we'renearing the end now... I think. :D Hubby's been coming home and saying "oh, why did you put Special is in the trashcan?" :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

You must be so proud. I am sure I will be if it ever happens!!! LOL
SweetPea Rocks!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Wow, both of mine head to hide if I get up.... or indeed pick up the brush at the moment. Both are shedding majorly, Millie seasonal & Alf is puppy coat as well.... JOY!
Thank you Elodie!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

What a good chow! It's major shedding time here too. I've always had an all black chow household and never noticed that I had gravitated toward black clothing as well. Now I have one black chow and one red headed, cream undercoated chow (Teddy's undercoat is all that has grown in so far, and is very, very thick). Doesn't really matter what color my clothes are, dog hair is going to show up. And no matter how much I brush them, one pet and the fur is everywhere!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

What a good girl Lilly. There would be NO chance of Wilbur staying!

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

=D= \:D/ :D yay, what a good girl!