Chingers Showed them all!! Obedience Class!

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chingers Showed them all!! Obedience Class!

Post by Guest »

Last night was Chi-Chings first obedience class and he was AWESOME!! When he first came in, he was a little nervous and grumbly but I started working him and letting him smell everything pretty soon he was super comfortable. Along one wall they have the entire wall covered in a mirror(so you can see what your dog is doing without directly looking at them) anyway, Chingers LOVES himself, everytime we would walk by he would jump up and look at himself! LOL
Very honestly, Chingers did better then most of the dogs there and he is the youngest one there.
There is this Beagle that would not quit howling, lol, it was so funny, and then there was a Standard Poodle who kept barking at the other dogs, and there was psychotic Border Collie who couldn't sit still if she tried. It was so much fun. But Chingers also made a HUGE breakthrough. We are trying to teach Chingers not to jump up but with a stranger, we really let him do whatever because typically he doesn't get that close. Chingers walked right up to the trainer, jumped up and was taking food from her! He was not freaked out or anything, now she couldn't pet him yet but that was more then he has ever done with anyone(that he had never met before) I was SO proud of him. He also tried to see another girl that was in the audience area.
Me and hubby are definitely going to try to get him into obedience trials and then, once he gets past this little fear that he had, we are going to go and rub his big furry butt in the face of that evaluator. LOL
I am so very proud of my boy!!
wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wrat »

good stuff!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Well done little Chingy - just you show them what a good chow you are. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Taz »

Well done.. :D You should be proud of him.. :D

Diego and I was in a obedient class once (6 months ago)
there were only Shetland sheepdogs there, but Diego kicked everybodies butt.. He was the best one in the class.. I've never been so proud before. :D

Especially because the instructor didn't really want us in that class, she thought Chows were dumb dogs, not worth trying to train.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

YAY Chingy!!! I knew the two of you could do it!!! 8)
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Congrats Chingers! We are all so proud of you!

Mandy, Chewie & Cayenne