New Chowling Socialization Questions

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

snowbaby67
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Chowling Socialization Questions

Post by snowbaby67 »

We are a new chow lab mix owner. She was abandoned and we having a soft spot took her in. She has been with us for a week and is doing okay for a new puppy and a new inside home instead of outside all the time. She had no human socialization so the first two day she was her she had about 17 visitors and then this weekend my oldest graduates from HS and having a party with about 100 people. We have a 3yr old husky beagle mix and is an awsome female. She has taken on Molly as her own pup but Molly gets really aggresive with her and when she growls at Molly and barks at her Molly thinks she is playing and keeps on going like the engergizer bunny. Should we interfer when that happens or let our older dog keep her in line? Does chow do things like peeing as a revenge when they get mad? We want Molly to be well rounded and good dog. Any advise that would help would be appreciated. We have Molly on purina puppy chow is that an okay food or does she need to have a special diet?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I split your post off so others could see it and give you good advice. My advice is to let your adult call the shots, but watch for any escalating aggresion. Have a safe place, like a crate the pup can go and feel safe at the party this weekend. You don't want to overwhelm and create a new problem. Controlled socializing is the key. Good luck, and post some photos if you can of Molly. Oh, and some Chows do revenge pee. Lily did my bed once. Welcome to the site, too!