Dog obedience class

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Dog obedience class

Post by Samorrathis »

Just wanted to share that we signed Nanuk up for dog obedience class and the first class went very well. I was surprised to see such a big turn out, around 30 dogs total. The trainer is great he has trained over 30,000 dogs to date. He has some real easy rules to make sure everyone is safe and has their own space.

Just the socialization alone was awesome, but Nanuk was also was taking pointers from the other dogs! We definatly have to work with him heeling, but think that will come with time and practice! Totally looking forward to the next class. Will keep you all updated.
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

We just completed our 6 week dog obedience class and wow what a diffrence! Nanuk is now recalling,sitting,laying and heeling like a pro! Well we are still working on the heeling with loose leash but have come along way! I figure we are way ahead considering Nanuk is only 6 1/2 months. Even though the class has been such a great success we are planing on still attending the class (free for life after your 1st 6 weeks) to keep up on his socialization and to help him become a master of skills. Plus it gives us good family time!

I am so glad I waited and found a great trainer it has made such a amazing diffrence with Nanuk and our training techniques! Here are some pictures from class.

Chillin before class

Our last 6 week dog class, woot we got to tour the Capital building shh don't tell :p

Getting the dogs used to walking stairs

My two babes
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WorknChowz »

WAY TO GO!!!
What wonderful pics and I'm glad to hear you not only enjoyed it, but did so well too! :D
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...