I need to know how to control my chow chow! help.

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

samz
Rank 0
Rank 0

I need to know how to control my chow chow! help.

Post by samz »

Hello,

I am sam, one week ago I got a chow chow as a gift, and I'm totally in love with this dog. as I knew later on he is aged 7 weeks and been separated from his mother at his early stage. I really do want to keep him and take care of it. Everything was ok until he started bitting everything….really everything my hands,legs, shoes, carpet, furniture…etc so what to do? I tried the "No Bite" thing but he isn't listening to me.
I really need some help cause I really wanna keep it…thank you in advance for your help and advice.
Regards.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: I need to know how to control my chow chow! help.

Post by Pinoy51 »

This is very normal at this age and will get better once the adult teeth are fully developed.
Get him toys which are allowed for him to chew on. Kong for puppies is very good or any other clean high grade rubber toy. Clean untreated wood toys are good as well. ropes.
whenever he starts using furnitures, shoes etc. give him a "stop" command and redirect his attention to the allowed toys. All Pups are mouthing, which is correct term. Biting is an aggressive behavior which usually is displayed in stress situation. real biting needs very different attention and actions
Best regards
Pinoy51